If your kids are like mine, getting them to eat fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods can be a chore. That’s where this simple chocolate smoothie comes into play.
The secret ingredient is Amazing Grass Kidz SuperFood Extreme Chocolate (Amazon link). With a rainbow of organic greens, veggies, and fruits, this chocobanana smoothie has about 10 grams of plant-based protein and 1 billion CFU probiotics, plus and array of essential amino acids (which are the building block for healthy growth, tummies, and immunity systems).
To make this smoothie, you’ll need about 5 minutes, a blender, chocolate milk (either dairy or plant based on your preference), a large banana, ice cubes, and peanut butter. Optionally, you can also include some chocolate chips or strawberries for garnish.
My kids love this recipe and it makes for a great treat on a warm summer afternoon. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 scoops Amazing Grass Kidz “Outrageous Chocolate” SuperFood (Amazon link)
- 1 cup Chocolate Milk (my kids are older, so we use almond milk, but dairy milk works great too)
- 1 large banana
- 3-6 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (sometimes we substitute almond butter)
- Chocolate Chunks (or Chips) (optional, for garnish)
- Strawberries (optional, for garnish)
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chunks and strawberries) to a blender.
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glasses
- If desired, stir in chocolate chunks/chips and garnish with strawberry
- Serve immediately!
Don’t tell my kids, but I sometimes make this just for me!